Old 08-06-2007, 03:47 PM posted to rec.food.drink.tea
toci toci is offline

Default Old Keemun

On Jun 8, 5:36 am, Alan Petrillo wrote:
My girlfriend's mother gave us a tin of Keemun that she got when they
were living in Taiwan. It's at least 35 years old. To say it was
outstanding would be the great grandmother of all understatements, at
least for my unpracticed palate.

It's labeled as "Keemun Black Tea", and the manufacturer label is "China
National Native Produce & Animal By-Products Import & Export Corporation
Shanghai Tea Branch".

Considering what I've read about the Chinese tea industry going
downhill, should I even try to find more of this tea?

Where might I find a particularly good Keemun?

Thanks in advance,
AP

Upton has about 5 Keemuns and about 15 similar tasting teas and mixed
Keemans. Their samples might help you find what's closest to your
desire. Look for the buyer comments. Toci