Brian Mailman

Default Half-sour pickles

Puester wrote:

> When I lived on the east coast and discovered delicatessens,
> most customarily served on the table a bowl of what they
> called "half sours", both pickles and tomatoes. They were
> crisp and delicious . Does anyone have a recipe for the
> pickles? (I never really liked the tomatoes.)

Take a look at my site...

http://www.jewishfood-list.com/recip...les_index.html

basically, it's one tbsp. kosher salt to one cup of water, dill, maybe
a few pepper flakes. Cover the cukes with brine and let sit for a few
days. Taste after 3-4 days and see if they've gotten to where you want
them. If they haven't, let sit and ferment for a few more days. If
they have, refrigerate.

B/