Posted to rec.food.cooking
Scott[_11_] Scott[_11_] is offline

Default Oregano: ground vs leaves

Scott wrote:
> Another related question is I've seen lasagna recipes that call for no
> sugar and others that call for up to 2tbs of sugar so now I'm confused
> on how much sugar I should use.

After doing some intense searching on google I found this:

Adding sugar or salt - both of which have a natural affinity with tomatoes
- should be a personal preference and not to counteract and mask a problem.
A little sugar, just to enhance the tomato's natural sweetness yet not
enough
to be noticed at first taste is all that is needed.
The amount will vary from batch to batch.