Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
axlq axlq is offline

Default Dry Skin

In article . com>,
Sean LeBlanc > wrote:
>I've recently gone vegetarian - about 8 months ago or so.
>Another odd thing I've noticed is that the back of my hands got very,
>very dry and cracked.

Dry cracking skin, or inability to heal properly, may be the result
of insufficient protein in your diet. I'd say increase your intake
of legumes. And if you aren't vegan, eat an egg once in a while.

Of course, it could also be coincidence that this is happening
during dry weather in winter. But if you never noticed it before,
and the only difference in your life is your new vegetarian diet,
that might be indicative that you need more protein. Protein is
necessary for wounds to heal, even small wounds caused by chapping.

-A