Posted to rec.food.cooking
none none is offline

Default Hey Dave, check out my shopping cart!

jmcquown wrote:
> I bought a bag of Jay's kettle-fried potato chips and a gallon of skim milk!
> LOL
>
> *But* I also got a couple of pork steaks to throw on the grill later in the
> week. Also some catfish fillets and crawfish tail meat (gonna make one of
> my signature dishes, Catfish Acadian, next weekend, recipe to follow). I'll
>

> My cart also included vegetables. A bunch of broccoli, a head of
> cauliflower, asparagus (both white and green) and the yellow corn on the cob
> looked pretty good for this time of year so I grabbed three ears. I'll
> probably grill it next to the pork steaks. Somehow pork and corn seem to go
> together, don't ask me why.
>
> Oh, and I got some baby artichoke hearts. I very rarely see those! They
> will be rinsed then dredged in sea salt and browned in olive oil. I saw a
> woman (Polish, maybe?) do that on PBS on the show 'Jewish Cooking with Joan
> Nathan' a few years back and man are they tasty that way!
>
> Catfish Acadian
>
> 2 lbs. catfish fillets
> seasoned flour
> olive oil
> butter
> diced onions and garlic or shallots
> diced bell pepper
> diced celery
> 1/2 c. crawfish tail meat
> 4 large shrimp, chopped
> whole cream
> salt & cayenne pepper
>
> Lightly coat the catfish fillets in seasoned flour. Pan fry in olive oil
> until lightly browned and tender. Plate and hold in a warm oven. In another
> pan, saute the onion and garlic (or shallots) with the bell pepper and
> celery in butter until tender. Add the crawfish tail meat and shrimp and
> saute until just pink. Stir in some cream; season with salt and a little
> cayenne pepper. Pour this mixture over the catfish and serve. Serves 4.
>
> Jill

That sounds almost simple enough for me to try!
I've recently been looking into the making of crayfish traps,
coincidentally enough... The last trout I caught on a dry fly had a
whole baby crayfish in it's stomach, so I know we've got crayfish here!
Any tips on the quantity of whole (heavy?) cream your recipe might use?