Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default 3 Ways In Which You Can Save Money And Enjoy Delicious Home Cooked Meals

In article >,
Giusi > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:

> >> Much like yours except I use an all cornmeal recipe from Better Homes
> >> and Gardens cookbook from 1960 which I dragged along to Italy.

> > I did another file search and found two more flourless recipes on file
> > that I've collected, one is called Arkansas corn bread made without the
> > canned corn or cheese.

> I am originally from Maine and our cornbread never had white flour in it.

Regional difference are always interesting. :-)
Cornbread seems to be a very versatile recipe.

> > Masa is cheap here, it's used to make Tamales.

> That's what I use it for because corn tortillas don't exist here and one
> must make them. Some Texans once brought me 100 in a bag and they
> lasted 1.5 years!

Oh man. Corn tortillas are SO cheap here!
I wonder if they'd make it past customs before they got moldy?

> > Black soy beans are the only true low-carb bean and the nutritional
> > breakdown almost reads like science fiction. Prepared properly with a
> > long pre-soak, the flavor and texture is similar to pinto beans.

> I just do the low carb thin every winter at Lent-- not for religious
> reasons but just because it is an easy definite period to choose. 40
> days and finished. I love canellini too much to give them up, but don't
> cook them with fat or meat. Chickpeas, too. In central Italy the bean
> is at least a pretender to the throne.

:-)
--
Peace, Om