Posted to rec.food.cooking
Giusi Giusi is offline

Default 3 Ways In Which You Can Save Money And Enjoy Delicious Home CookedMeals

Omelet wrote:
> In article >,
> Giusi > wrote:

>> I make it here without wheat flour, without buttermilk, creamed corn or
>> cheddar, none of which one can buy. I use polenta. It's good and quite
>> surprises Italians when they eat it. I brought an iron skillet with me,
>> and love the crust it makes.

> I can get Polenta. :-)
>
> I can also get pre-made Masa.
>
> What is your process please?

Much like yours except I use an all cornmeal recipe from Better Homes
and Gardens cookbook from 1960 which I dragged along to Italy.

Masa is available in Rome which is an all day trip and it is pricey. I
often wonder why when they sell this stuff to serve the foreign
population of caregivers and gardeners they charge so much for it.

OTH, maple syrup from Canada really isn't so much costlier here, but is
bought by the richer expats.