Posted to rec.food.cooking
Little Malice Little Malice is offline

Default 3 Ways In Which You Can Save Money And Enjoy Delicious Home Cooked Meals

One time on Usenet, Omelet > said:
> In article >,
> "jmcquown" > wrote:

>> I don't have a problem with flour but if you want to get into a cornbread
>> war we could add sliced jalapenos Or make corn muffins or even
>> cornsticks. I have a nice cast iron cornstick pan!

Ooooh, I've always wanted to try cornsticks. Do you add peppers to
those? And how do you serve them?

> Not a cornbread war luv, it's just that the lower GI I can make it, the
> better. :-)
>
> I also have a cast iron corn stick pan but it's not been used in ages!
> Peppers are popular to add but I personally don't care for that.

I do, and cheese as well. I posted a baked corn recipe a few months
ago that used cornmeal. I added canned roasted green chilis and some
shredded cheddar -- yum! Unfortunately, DH & DS did not share my
fondness for it, but I'm still going to play with it. Maybe a bit
of sour cream in the batter, hmmm...

--
Jani in WA