Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Alex[_3_] Alex[_3_] is offline

Default Japan - request for information

Hi all,

I'm going to be in Japan at the end of the month, and I was wondering
if any of you could recommend some tea-related activities or
destinations in either Tokyo or Kyoto. In particular it would be
great to have recommendations for specialty stores in Tokyo, as I'm
spending a lot more time there than in Kyoto and I'd like to bring
some tea back as gifts. Also, it would be good to hear opinions on
whether or not it is worth one's time to seek out a demonstration of
the tea ceremony (leaving aside the fact that I can't sit seiza for
more than about 18 seconds).

thanks in advance

Alex
(on second bowl of cold matcha)