Posted to talk.politics.animals,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural
Rudy Canoza[_1_] Rudy Canoza[_1_] is offline

Rupert wrote:
> On Jun 1, 9:34 pm, Rudy Canoza > wrote:

>>> Nope. The argument you give below is completely different to the one
>>> he gives.
>>> No, he's saying that it's based on a misconception about what
>>> constitutes efficiency.

>> That's my criticism of it, and the criticism is correct.

> In my view, you've misread the argument.

Your myopically limited view, and of course, you're
wrong. You haven't been here as long as I have.

"vegans" do it all the time, rupie: they claim it is
an "inefficient" use of resources to produce meat - and
they are wrong, for the well elaborated reason I gave.

>> But it *is*
>> offered as a smokescreen. The stupid "vegans" can't win the battle of
>> ethics, so they try to venture into economics with their stupid
>> "inefficiency" smokescreen, and they lose there, too.
>>

> The ethical arguments for veganism (or some diet which is comparable
> in terms of its impact on animals) are good ones.

They are sophomoric and wrong; they're just shit. The
fact that YOU participate in animal killing proves it.

> You've never offered
> any good criticisms of these arguments in their strongest form, [snip 1500 words of chaff]

I've offered very good criticisms of them in all their
forms, and their strongest form is quite weak indeed.