Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kent Kent is offline

Default Need info on grilling salmon

"JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote in message
> " > wrote in message
> t...
>> Costco has fresh salmon (looks like half a salmon)--one huge, long
>> fillet. We're having guests next week, and I was thinking grilled salmon
>> would be easy and most people like it (not me, but that's okay). I've
>> been checking out salmon recipes on the Internet, and I can't find info
>> on grilling anything but thick steaks. Can someone give me some
>> pointers, please? I don't want to ruin it.
>>
>> Diane M
>>

> You must've been looking at car repair sites, in order to find nothing on
> grilling fillets.
>
> Searching at Google for "grilled salmon fillet" turns up 603,000 results.
> The first few pages should contain something enlightening.

Grilling a Salmon fillet and not having it fall apart, unless you grill it
sitting on
foil is very difficult, regardless of what 603,000 posters say. To even try,
you
have to have a grill with porcelainized cast iron grates with a flat side
positioned upward.
to keep it from falling apart. I would take a piece and rehearse before you
start.
The Best of Luck,

Kent