smithfarms pure kona

Default consignment store find: coffee device

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 22:28:09 GMT, Scott >
wrote:

>I happened to stop at this antiques/consignment shop that I haven't

been
>to for quite a while. While browsing about, a device caught my eye.

At
>first glance, I dismissed it as an old, fancy-looking percolator. But
>something about it bugged me, so I looked it over again.
>
>Pretty quickly, it became clear that this was *not* a percolator; it
>also looked vaguely familiar. I bought it, for the princely sum of

$12,
>and took it home.
>
>Opening up Bramah's "Coffee Makers," I flipped through and found it
>within about 10-15 seconds. I'll be darned--it's a "Vienna
>Incomparable," a "continental version" of a Parker Steam Fountain.

It's
>rather battered and pretty rusty. There were a number of different
>versions, and I haven't across an imprint on my device.
>
>See:
><http://homepage.mac.com/scott_r/catalog.html>
>
>Clicking on each image will enlarge the picture. I'm not sure what

the
>little plastic knob in the lid is for.

Scott, this is my first time here. Aloha! I wanted to make Surinam
Cherry jelly now and the search for jars is on. Glass weighs a lot,
in shipping here and then back to customers. Is there common
knowledge here on jars or even plastic that can take heat? I would so
appreciate reading about that.

BTW I suggested in alt.coffee that they use your FAQ. A.C. is in one
of its usual upheavals if you haven't been there. Danny of Merry Ole
is writing *the* FAQ or at least beginning.

With aloha,

Thunder of Smithfarms

http://www.smithfarms.com
Farmers & Sellers of 100%