Scott

Default consignment store find: coffee device

I happened to stop at this antiques/consignment shop that I haven't been
to for quite a while. While browsing about, a device caught my eye. At
first glance, I dismissed it as an old, fancy-looking percolator. But
something about it bugged me, so I looked it over again.

Pretty quickly, it became clear that this was *not* a percolator; it
also looked vaguely familiar. I bought it, for the princely sum of $12,
and took it home.

Opening up Bramah's "Coffee Makers," I flipped through and found it
within about 10-15 seconds. I'll be darned--it's a "Vienna
Incomparable," a "continental version" of a Parker Steam Fountain. It's
rather battered and pretty rusty. There were a number of different
versions, and I haven't across an imprint on my device.

See:
<http://homepage.mac.com/scott_r/catalog.html>

Clicking on each image will enlarge the picture. I'm not sure what the
little plastic knob in the lid is for.

please mail OT responses only