Posted to talk.politics.animals,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural
Kickin' Goober's Faggot Ass Kickin' Goober's Faggot Ass is offline

On May 31, 1:18 am, "Dutch" > wrote:
> "Leif Erikson's Smarter Brother" > wrote in ooglegroups.com...

> >> groups.com...

> >> egroups.com...

> >> No, that's not what "an elegant argument" means.

> >> Then that would be bullshit, gilding the lily, not elegant argument.

> > You clearly are a ninny Dutch.

> > You don't know the difference between elegant and eloquent.

> I do, but you don't, dummy. You had never heard the adjective elegant used
> to describe an argument before, now you're befuddled. Here's a clue, it is
> commonly used when referring to mathematical arguments that are very
> succinct and pure in their application of logic, clear and irrefutable. It
> never, ever applies to arguments that lack substance, that would
> automatically disqualify them. An eloquent argument *might* lack substance,
> but eloquent usually refers to the speaker, not the speech.

> >> An elegant argument by definition displays both eloquence and wisdom,
> >> along
> >> with logic and reason.

> >> The Logic of the Larder is missing these characteristics, except that it
> >> contains one fundamental logical hook, it is not reasonable nor wise, and
> >> decidely not elegant.

> > Common sense and inheirent rights need none of your much vaunted
> > "ELEGANCE" you ****.

> Or, "What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason
> away." - The Doobie Brothers
>
> > You're getting goofier than Goo.

> A "Goo" is a person who rejects as nonsense ****wit Harrison's campaign to
> convince the world that anyone who opposes the consumption of animal
> products is being selfish for wanting to deny life to livestock animals. By
> that definition aren't you a Goo too? Isn't everyone?- Hide quoted text -

YOU are worse than Goo!

I have NEVER opposed animal consumption because it would preclude life
for "livestock".

I oppose it because it is an unhealthy choice for humans and the
planet as a whole and a terrible, horrible, life and death for the
animals.