Posted to talk.politics.animals,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural
Dutch Dutch is offline

"Leif Erikson's Smarter Brother" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On May 30, 2:43 pm, "Dutch" > wrote:
>> <dh@.> wrote in messagenews:rsjr53pkoojf7okb3g77r0r7siu8ruuj6s@4ax .com...

>> groups.com...

>> egroups.com...

>> > By being written elegantly, but still being a load of shit.

>> > Elegance would be more like the style used in presenting the
>> > argument, or the bullshit, or whatever is being presented.

>> No, that's not what "an elegant argument" means.

>> > Bullshit. People like the Goober have been trying to flower
>> > up bullshit and pretend it's something more for a long time:

>> Then that would be bullshit, gilding the lily, not elegant argument.

> You clearly are a ninny Dutch.
>
> You don't know the difference between elegant and eloquent.

I do, but you don't, dummy. You had never heard the adjective elegant used
to describe an argument before, now you're befuddled. Here's a clue, it is
commonly used when referring to mathematical arguments that are very
succinct and pure in their application of logic, clear and irrefutable. It
never, ever applies to arguments that lack substance, that would
automatically disqualify them. An eloquent argument *might* lack substance,
but eloquent usually refers to the speaker, not the speech.

>> > "Wisdom without eloquence has been of little help to the states,
>> > but eloquence without wisdom has often been a great obstcle
>> > and never an advantage." - Cicero

>> An elegant argument by definition displays both eloquence and wisdom,
>> along
>> with logic and reason.
>>
>> The Logic of the Larder is missing these characteristics, except that it
>> contains one fundamental logical hook, it is not reasonable nor wise, and
>> decidely not elegant.

> Common sense and inheirent rights need none of your much vaunted
> "ELEGANCE" you ****.

Or, "What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason
away." - The Doobie Brothers

> You're getting goofier than Goo.

A "Goo" is a person who rejects as nonsense ****wit Harrison's campaign to
convince the world that anyone who opposes the consumption of animal
products is being selfish for wanting to deny life to livestock animals. By
that definition aren't you a Goo too? Isn't everyone?