Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
Vicky Conlan Vicky Conlan is offline

Default Grilled veggies

According to >:
> corn
> retain the husk, remove the silk; soak in brine
> for 20 minutes prior to grilling.

I've never heard to soak in brine before. I normally just wrap in
foil with butter. Is it just a "keeping it moist" thing?

> tofu
> slice into 1/2" thick slices, let stand to drain, and rub with
> salt, spices and olive oil. I used paprika, garlic powder, a
> little garam masala, and dried fenugreek leaves. (Make sure both
> sides are oiled, or it will stick to the grill.)

I've still to find a way to do tofu that I really like. :-/

If the original poster isn't vegan, always good to remember halloumi
cheese for grilling, then slide into a pitta bread with some salad or
houmous, etc.