Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
Tracey[_1_] Tracey[_1_] is offline

Default Grilled veggies

"Kindrick Ownby" > wrote in message

> Girl friend and I have been invited to a non-vegetarian
> patio party.
>
> We think to get and take a small charcoal grill so we
> can prepare something to eat for us.
>
> Do you know of and meat replacements that do not contain
> wheat? (Girl friend is allergic).
>
> Please make suggestions and/or point us to a source
> of ideas.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Kindrick

All the pre-made bought veggie burgers and sausages I've ever tried have all
contained wheat as far as I know. I've had a quick look and found these
tofu burgers which are wheat free, never tired them though and not sure of
availability outside UK
http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-...il/416867.html. You
could try Googling for wheat free vegetarian burger and sausage recipes,
then make some yourself to take with you. Mixed veggies on kebab sticks
always work well when grilling/barbequing - skewer things like mushrooms,
cherry tomatoes, pieces of onion and peppers and chunks of courgette. Corn
on the cob are delicious barbequed too. What about stuffing some veggies
like field mushrooms, aubergines, beefsteak tomatoes with wheat free
delicious fillings, then just pop on the grill to cook. There's an example
of stuffed veggie recipes he http://www.vnv.org.au/VeggoBBQ.htm

Try popping into your local health food store to see if they have any wheat
free products, they usually sell at least bread and pasta. You could make
up a nice pasta salad to take with you. I've actually tried wheat free
pasta and found it very nice.

Hope this helps a little!

Tracey