Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Rob Mills Rob Mills is offline

Default Making jerky

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message

> No, it's a very low heat. In the unit I pointed to, there's a 250W
> electric element in the bottom and a metal "chip" pan sits on top of the
> element for holding wood chips to generate the smoke.

That's interesting, sounds about like the one I have (mine is mdf covered
with formica) but I don't have a chip tray. Guess I could add one with no
problems. I do have an internally adjustable thermostat. Guess I'll knock
the dust off of it and do some tinkering.

>> All that said, I can't stand mesquite...<<

Amen brother, guess they have to burn the stuff to get rid of it.
RM ~