Meg

Default Health Pressure cooker/canner

I'd like to thank you all for the wonderful advice. I just got the
canner in today and wouldn't you know it but the shipper didn't pack
it well and put the gauge right against the cardboard box. The box
must have been dropped on side during shipping because all the glass
that was in the gauge came out when I opened the box.

It was packed very well with peanuts but not double boxed so it ended
up being damaged badly. I suspect the gauge still works well as
without the glass it started to move as pressure was developed inside
but I'll still have to find another gauge to replace it. The writing
on the top of the gauge was crushed & though I flattened it out, the
paint the writing was on is chipped off & gone forever.

The nice thing about this gauge is that it was set back at an angle so
you could look at the value without bending over. If I get some new
replacement gauge from somewhere (the canner's company is well out of
business) it will be straight vertical and to read it I will have to
bend over to do so.

Really irritating.

So important to box properly when you ship. This beautiful canner went
56 years intact until this week...

Meg