Posted to rec.food.cooking
Caryn Nadelberg Caryn Nadelberg is offline

Default Diabetic problem with sugar in bacon?

Phred wrote:
> G'day mates,
>
> A diabetic friend was telling me this evening that when he eats out
> for breakfast he ends up with rapidly spiralling blood sugar levels
> following eating at one particular cafe in town.
>
> Whichever cafe he eats at, he orders bacon, eggs, and sausage; plus
> coffee and two slices of toast. [I think you yanks may call sausages
> "links"?]

Are the eggs by chance scrambled? I have had scrambled eggs that have
orange juice added to them. Not sure if that would be enough to get the
bs out of whack though.
--
Caryn
Caryn Nadelberg - Mommy to Sam and Queen of the May