Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: 2006 Husch Mendocino chenin blanc

Nils Gustaf Lindgren wrote:
> Mark,
>
> How do CA CBs compare to Loire in terms of acidity? I have come across SA
> CBs that had been subjected to very forceful malolactic fermetation
> (actually smelling of yoghurt and other dairy products), so my guess would
> be that even in a warmer climate the retain their acidity. Is that the case?

Nils,
No one is likely to mistake any of those CA Chenins for Huet or
Baumard, but they have decent acidity for CA and don't come across as
flabby at all. Of course, here I'm speaking only of the top few and
there are plenty of awful examples. Those top wines also see no ML
according to my palate.

Mark Lipton