Posted to rec.food.preserving
The Joneses[_1_] The Joneses[_1_] is offline

Default Food mill -- need recommendations

"ellen wickberg" > wrote in message
> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> In article <0vP4i.207480$DE1.25485@pd7urf2no>,
>> ellen wickberg > wrote:
>>

>>>to use. In the U.S. ( but not my part of Canada) , the one piece food
>>>mill with removeable handle-bottom scraper is still available I think.
>>>Ellen

>> Sounds like my Foley food mill.
>>

> yup
> Ellen

I kinda hate my Foley. It's not a huge one (about the size of my head?) but
it doesn't do too much at one time without needing cleaning out. And the
durned whirlygig thing keeps coming uncanoodled if it's too full. Maybe I'll
spring for a fancy tomato thingy with extra screens this year.
I just hated to throw away those blackberry seeds though. It looked like I
might have been able to make jelly if I'd been thinking...
BTW - I mill only half the blackberries and call it Mostly Seedless Jam.
Works for me.
Edrena