Posted to alt.food.wine
Emery Davis Emery Davis is offline

Default 92 Mayacamas Cabernet Sauvignon

On 19 May 2007 15:15:40 -0700
" > wrote:

> On May 19, 11:08 pm, Emery Davis > wrote:
> > Dale's tasting of the other night inspired us to try one of these. (Magnum).
> >
> > Served with Guinea Hen with cru wild boar ham, cepes and artichoke hearts in
> > Coteaux du Layon.
> >
> > Tons of tobacco, some pepper and bramble. Very true to Dale's note on the 70,
> > this wine was young but enjoyable. A classy bottle that belies the in-your-face
> > CA style. Only downside was just a hint of bell pepper.
> >
> > -E
> >

> Sob, you didn't invite me!

Sorry, and there was plenty, too!

Anyway, since you don't drink much red you'd have been out of luck on
the Mayacamas. But no one would have noticed if you'd have drunk the
sauce.

I was going to open a white with the starter (leek potato soup with olive oil
and Parmesan -- yes, Italian theme in spite of the wine) but the red worked
out just fine. And our guests are not big drinkers.

cheers Judith, now back to the cleanup,

-E

--
Emery Davis