Blanche Nonken

Default bitter melon

Once in a rare while, I make a recipe that calls for bitter melon. It
was originally one of those "I doubt they'll like it" things, but they
did.

The melon itself requires salting, rinsing and blanching before use,
because it really *is* quite bitter.

I picked up a few of good, fresh quality at the Halal market in Reston
VA on the way home today, planning to can it in half-pint sizes to have
portions of just the amount I need without having to drive miles to
Shiva Grocers and find half-wilted stuff that's only barely what I want.

I'm planning on using the PFB recipe for pressure-canning zucchini; any
other comments or suggestions?

....Blanche