Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
[email protected] greg@testengineering.info is offline

Default Storing

On May 14, 8:04 pm, Steve Daniels > wrote:
> So could one insulate the bottles from the vibration using
> something like water balloons or fiberglass insulation? Is the
> vibration really that much of an issue?

If you keep it full you won't have much vibration. The weight of the
wine bottles will subdue most of the vibration from the compressor.

I store wine and mead in an unmodified refrigerator in the garage.
With just a few bottles in it, you can feel vibration from the
compressor, but when it's full, it's completely still. I think the
concern about vibration is a bit overblown anyhow.

Set to the highest possible temperature, my refrigerator tends to stay
at a constant 60 degrees Fahrenheit.

Greg