Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Steve Daniels Steve Daniels is offline

Default Storing

We bought some wine from Bob The Wine Guy
(http://www.cascadecliffs.com/). It's going to be better a
couple of years from now, not that there's much wrong with it
right now.

I had an idea of taking an old refrigerator, modifying the
insides to hold wine bottles, and setting it to the highest
temperature it would run. We bounced this idea off of Bob The
Wine Guy, and he expressed a concern about the vibration of the
compressor messing up the wine.

So could one insulate the bottles from the vibration using
something like water balloons or fiberglass insulation? Is the
vibration really that much of an issue?

--

Life is too short to play cheap guitars.