Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy[_2_] Andy[_2_] is offline

Default New Postal Rates

James Silverton said...

> A rationale for the new rates is that they will increase
> efficiency but it seems to me that they will increase business
> at the actual post offices!

I have a couple sheets of 37 cent stamps from a year or so ago that I hardly
use, thanks to online bill pay and e-mail.

If I do send snail mail, I have to go to the post office and buy the extra 2
cent postage. Now the sad thing is, the mailman behind the counter takes
about a minute (probably 25 cents of his hourly wage) to "check" the correct
added postage required then charges me two cents and THEN prints out a 2 cent
postage receipt for my records!!!

What's wrong with THAT picture?!!!

Andy