Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default New Postal Rates

James Silverton <not.jim.siverton.at.comcast.not> wrote:

> jmcquown wrote on Mon, 14 May 2007 10:44:42 -0500:
>
> j> Steve Pope wrote:
>
> j> No, Steve, I haven't used this service in about 4 months (I
> j> don't often send anything more than a letter). I did always
> j> find it to be useful. If the new rates have made it
> j> difficult then I guess when I need to mail a package I'll
> j> just go to the post office. (sigh)

>I've been a liberal for a long time and normally, I am favor of
>unions.
>If I were paranoid, I would suspect make-work for the Postal
>Workers Union by making people come to an actual Post Office,
>not inept supervision by the arithmetically challenged Postal
>Commissioners! I wonder if any of them have ever mailed a
>letter personally, recently?

That's one theory. The weird thing is that the USPS made a
lot of press out of the forever stamp, and the one-cent
rate increase for the first first-class ounce, but they
do not say jill about the totally weird changes for multiounce
first-class mailings. You have to dig into their website to
find it -- yet it is the most radical change they've come
up with in memory.

Steve