Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default New Postal Rates

jmcquown > wrote:

>Steve Pope wrote:

>> My own approach is to keep a supply of $0.75 and $0.84 stamps
>> on hand, use a kitchen scale to weigh the letter/package,
>> and put on the approximately correct postage.
>>
>> Steve

>No, Steve, I haven't used this service in about 4 months (I don't often send
>anything more than a letter). I did always find it to be useful. If the
>new rates have made it difficult then I guess when I need to mail a package
>I'll just go to the post office. (sigh)

I'm not sure it will be more difficult for you... once the
USPS site un-wedges (I'm finding it impossible to download or
view first-class rate information today.)

I do miss the days, a few years ago, when $0.60, $0.70 and $0.80
were all standard postage rates and they issued stamps of these
three values. Then I could just compute the postage, round up
to the nearest 10 cents, apply a few stamps and be done with it.

Steve