Posted to alt.food.barbecue
VegA VegA is offline

Default Dinner tonight

On 08 May 2007 20:31:21 GMT, "Rick F." > wrote:

snip
>I just used regular oak on some beef ribs I did last week and I'll have
>to admit that either the smoke was very faint or perhaps I'm just getting
>used to it.. I've never liked Mesquite smoke as it's too strong, and
>have not tried hickory (to my knowledge), but am now finding that Oak
>(my only current non-fruit wood -- gotten from a friends removed oak tree)
>is not as strong a flavor as I'd like. I might have to get a small bag
>of hickory to try out and see if the rest of the family likes it as well
>or not.

Thats the wonderful thing about cue, you get to try sooooo many ways,
woods, types of food, sides, it's almost endless. And you get to meet
all sorts of people that also love cue. And if your a cue lover, you
can't be all bad! LOL

I also found that most cue lovers also love beer! Whats' not to love!

I think over time you tend to stick with what you like and what works
for you. That said, there is always something to learn about cue