Posted to alt.food.barbecue
VegA VegA is offline

Default Dinner tonight

On Mon, 07 May 2007 19:23:24 -0400, Dan > wrote:
SNIP

>I used to use Mesquite and Hickory for everything until I read that
>Mesquite had a rather strong taste. I never noticed it until I switched
>to a mix of cherry and hickory - what a difference! The smoked potatos
>with chili sound great! You might want to give the cherry (or maybe
>apple) a shot particularly with items like potatos and fish that can be
>quickly overpowered by smoke compared to a brisket or pork shoulder.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I hate apple! The only thing I
like it with is brown trout. LOL. Just too damn fruty for my taste. I
like hickory and Mesq. on beef, I just perfer Mesq. for pork. I think
it is sweeter. That's me. I like cherry with steaks. I perfer Alder
for turkey.

Ever try JD oak? GREAT stuff! It's made from the oak casks they age JD
in. I havn't seen that stuff in years