The Joneses

Default old turnips

Eric Deaver wrote:

> Ok, I have a bunch of BIG turnips that have been in the ground all
> season. Is there anything I can do with them? Any soup I can freeze?
>
> Eric

I used spring turnips, but I made a batch of White Wine Pickled Turnips
(tastes like Red Wine Pickled Beets only not). If I remember, I used
decent Riesling white wine, white wine vinegar, sugar, fresh ginger, salt,

and coriander seed to the same recipe as wine pickled beets in Joy of
Pickling. They are interesting, but I'll not do them again, not with them

pickled beets in the house.
Seems to me I've heard of turnip wine....
Edrena