Posted to rec.food.cooking
Larry W. Virden Larry W. Virden is offline

Default Columbus Ohio restaurant recommendations

On Apr 30, 6:45 pm, Michael O'Connor > wrote:
> I will be in downtown Columbus in June, and was hoping somebody could
> recommend a good place to eat. Does Columbus have a "signature food"
> like Cincinnati Chili or Philly Cheesesteaks or a good local
> restaurant chain? Thanks.

The downtown area has several good places to eat. At the corner of
Broad and High (the "center" of downtown, just across from the capital
building) is a deli in one of the buildings which supposedly has the
best corned beef in the area. About 1/3 a mile north of there is
"North Market" - right across from the columbus convention center.
Lots of little booths with various good foods. As you head north on
High Street, you go through the short north, where there are lots of
little places to eat. Then you reach Ohio State University area, where
there are lots of little shops, mostly chains. There's a couple sushi
places along this line that I like - Bento To Go is a neat little
bento box place. There's an upscale place called Haiku or some such
thing that's great. There's Indian, Far east, American (burgers,
wings, etc.), fast food, etc.

Visit one of the review sites to get specific details.

There's also German Village, still around downtown, with various
delis, pubs, etc. that are popular.