Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brent[_3_] Brent[_3_] is offline

Default More Weber: The New Performer vs. the Old Performer

On May 6, 5:55 pm, JoeP > wrote:
> On Apr 17, 12:25 pm, wrote:
>

> > On Apr 14, 5:01 pm, "Kent" > wrote:

> > > "Lawrence Akutagawa" > wrote in message

> > t...

> > > I looked underneath one. I doubt that it could be done. I can't imagine
> > > any reason to have two possible sources. When you propane runs out
> > > unexpectedly, you just light your charcoal the old fashion way.

> > > Kent

> > Kent I thnk you need to look again, for less than $5 at any home depot
> > you can buy a fitting to attach an existing 5# or for that matter 20#
> > LP to the current Performer. I have a Performer that uses the 1#
> > tanks and I have it hooked up to a 20# LP tank.

> > Brent- Hide quoted text -

> Hi I'm new here, I have a Performer as well (Old Model) I love it!!
> What fitting did you buy exactly to run your 20lb tank for the
> Performer? I currently haven't used all the space underneath and I
> think a bigger tank would be nice, it would probably seem to last
> forever.
>
> Joe

Joe,

I don't have the old model, but for the new all I needed was an LP
small diameter to large diameter bushing. I then used a LP extension
hose that I had from a previous application. The new performers have
the regulator attached to grill so my hose didn't need a regulator.

I am not sure what to use on the old model because I have not seen the
fittings. but, if you were to take a photo to Home Depot and ask they
will be able to get you the correct parts. If the regulator is
attached to grill it may be as simple as buying a 20# tank and an
extension hose.

Brent