Carol

Default Seeking Some Advice from the Experienced

Lindy, welcome to the group.

Since it's late in the season and you have the latest Ball Blue Book,
why not try a selection of syrups for ice cream, pancakes, pound cake,
etc. On page 80 there's an Apple-Cinnamon syrup which starts with
apple juice and should be wonderful on waffles. On page 82 there's a
Praline Syrup that always gets raves and a Pineapple Topping that can
be done with canned pineapple. All of these are waterbath safe and
none requires more than 15 minutes of processing.

If you decide to do a jam with frozen berries and it doesn't thicken
enough, just call it syrup. People will enjoy it just the same. With
these things even the "failures" taste great.

Good luck with the canning and let us know how it goes.

Carol