Ranee Mueller

Default Seeking Some Advice from the Experienced

In article >, "Anny
Middon" > wrote:

> For the past several years I've made homemade goodies to give at
> Christmas. (This is in addition to the gifts I buy.) Last year it
> was salsas, the year before mini-loaves of sweet bread and jars of
> Christmas Conserve. Some years it's homemade candy or biscotti or
> muffins.
>
> How come more people don't do this? I love getting homemade gifts.
> To me, making presents with love is one of my joys in the holidays.
> Planning what to make (I already have next year's gifts planned) and
> making them and presenting them with pride -- it's all so much fun!
>
> Once upon a time, nearly all Christmas presents were of necessity
> homemade. Haven't we lost something when the holiday has become a
> greedfest of store-bought gifts?

I don't have an answer for you, but I agree. My husband and I make
most of the gifts we give at Christmas. He is very artistic, and I cook
or knit pretty well, so we pair our gifts and put together little
baskets and such. I've given up on knitting gifts for everyone, because
it gets so stressful, and I'm not going to do another up till 5:00 am
finishing and driving down to the ILs at 8:00 am again. So, I bake,
make preserves, knit for immediate family, and Rich does wood carvings,
paints ornaments (last year's were amazing with the inside of glass
globes painted with a woodland scene), etc. People seem to really like
them. I adore getting handmade presents, especially consumables, soaps,
food items, etc.

Regards,
Ranee

--
Remove do not and spam to e-mail me.

"The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of
heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man." Acts 17:24