David J. Braunegg

Default Late Season Preserves - Pumpkin Butter

I don't think it is the sugar. I think it is the addition of the orange
juice to acidify the pumpkin that would make this product safe.

Pumpkin is a low-acid fruit (or vegetable--different topic of
conversation) and therefore presents a botulism risk with BWB unless
sufficiently acidified.

Dave