Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.food.barbecue
Dan Dan is offline

Default Help with Charbroil Big-Easy BBQ grill repair

wrote:
> I was in the process of cleaning up the burners of my Charbroil Big-
> Easy gas grill. I have a two burner model. I removed the clips that
> held the burner tubes to the valves and pulled the burners out. Than
> only I realized that something has fallen off under the grill. This is
> a metal plate, about 4-5 inches wide, as long as the grill and has
> holes in it. Based on the description on the user manual, I think it
> is the "shield". But I am not able to figure out how to put back this
> shield. The user manual is not very clear about it. This part of the
> BBQ was pre-installed.
>
> I would really appreciate any advice. It will be great if you have the
> same grill and have a look and give me an idea how the shield is
> mounted. I could not find this BBQ in stores to have a look.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Dipu

It's a Charbroil - time to retire it. If you want a propane grill that
sells parts in retail stores, get a Weber. I've been through several
Sunbeams and Charbroils and switched to Weber over ten years ago. I'm
on my second and just replaced the cooking grid and "flavorizer" bars
with stainless steel. The burner was already stainless so I'm set for a
few more years.

Dan