Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
dtwright37 dtwright37 is offline

Default The taco stand inspired McDonalds

On May 4, 2:33 am, Sonoran Dude > wrote:

> Whataburger is an icon here in Arizona. Back in the day they out
> numbered McDonalds.

I must be older than back-in-the-day (not a surprise!) because I don't
remember Whataburger from when I was a student in Tucson in the early
'60s.

The only chains I remember from then were Bob's Big Boy and McD, and
at McD I could get two meager burgers, an order of fries, and a drink,
and still get back a little change from a dollar.

I also spent my few eat-out dollars at a chimichanga lunch-joint near
the campus, and a Chinese place that had an 87-cent "business man's
lunch." :-)

David