Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
dtwright37 dtwright37 is offline

Default The taco stand inspired McDonalds

On May 4, 2:33 am, Sonoran Dude > wrote:

> Whataburger is an icon here in Arizona. Back in the day they out
> numbered McDonalds. Whataburger prides itself on 100% American Beef and
> I think it makes a big difference. I sure it's more like 90% Texas Beef
> and probably some other beef to feed the California consumers.
> Jalapeno peppers have been on the menu since I can remember.

Although I now live in the land of Whataburger, I still miss the New
Mexico chain of Blake's Lotaburger, whose green chile burgers were
pretty darn good for a chain when I lived there. Buns were a little
bit soggy and the green chile was a little sparse the last time or two
I was over to NM, but I will always stop by at least once for old
times sake.

David