Posted to alt.food.barbecue
[email protected] hrbrickerNOSPAM@ij.net is offline

Default Wood or lump?

On 3-May-2007, Mike Avery >
wrote:

> > I checked out the new Charbroil breed of Silver Smoker
> > just
> > a few days ago and the local Home Depot. I was really
> > disappointed with them. No part of the cooker closes
> > tight.
> > I could see daylight past ever door and cover on the
> > beast.
> > It exhibits about the poorest fit and finish I've seen
> > yet.
> > I wouldn't have bought a Silver Smoker had Charbroil
> > been
> > making them when I bought mine. Mine is four years old
> > now and it's a rust bucket, but it's going strong and
> > who
> > knows? Maybe I'll blast off some of the rust one day and
> > refinish it.
> >

> I sure do wish I could say you're wrong. I had to put a
> lot of gasket
> material on every opening to seal it half-way well. I
> never saw the New
> Braunfels version. My feeling was this was a step up from
> an electric
> smoker, and if I liked it I could always upgrade later.
>
> So far, I like it, it's been a real step up from the
> electric smoker,
> but I haven't felt a need to upgrade.
>
> Mike

Well Mike. On the bright side, the agony of modification
is behind you now. And if you're enjoying the machine
you have, buying another won't fix anything. I had a fairly
nice bullet shaped gasser when I bought my NB Silver.
I'd had the ECC (El Cheapo Coleman) for about fifteen
years and hadn't used it for the last 12 or so. I had never
used it for BBQ before. Once I got the NBS I didn't use
it again for a long time. Now I have an old Ducane Gas
Grill which I use exclusively for grilling. It has two side
by side burners and a woodchip box, but I don't use it
that way. It's hard to beat the NBS for BBQ. And when
I take the trouble to stack stuff, I can put a hell of a lot
of meat in it.

--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)