Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Mike Avery Mike Avery is offline

Default Wood or lump?

wrote:

> I checked out the new Charbroil breed of Silver Smoker just
> a few days ago and the local Home Depot. I was really
> disappointed with them. No part of the cooker closes tight.
> I could see daylight past ever door and cover on the beast.
> It exhibits about the poorest fit and finish I've seen yet.
> I wouldn't have bought a Silver Smoker had Charbroil been
> making them when I bought mine. Mine is four years old
> now and it's a rust bucket, but it's going strong and who
> knows? Maybe I'll blast off some of the rust one day and
> refinish it.

I sure do wish I could say you're wrong. I had to put a lot of gasket
material on every opening to seal it half-way well. I never saw the New
Braunfels version. My feeling was this was a step up from an electric
smoker, and if I liked it I could always upgrade later.

So far, I like it, it's been a real step up from the electric smoker,
but I haven't felt a need to upgrade.

Mike

--
Mike Avery mavery at mail dot otherwhen dot com
part time baker ICQ 16241692

A Randomly Selected Thought For The Day:
If you're offended now, try playing my message backwards.