Posted to alt.food.barbecue
[email protected] EskWIRED@spamblock.panix.com is offline

Default Wood or lump?

In alt.food.barbecue, ceed > wrote:
> keep adding wood it will burn and increase the temperature. Maybe I should
> start with real wood and then refuel with lump?

I like to use two fires - one in the firebox, and another one alongside to
pre-burn the wood. Once it gets coated with red hot coals, it is good to
go. Using this method also cuts down on flames, so the smoking chamber
stays more nearly constant in temperature.

--
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.