Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Sheldon is offline

Default making strawberry ice cream - vanilla extract of vanilla bean?

"Nexis" wrote:
> <techman41 wrote:
>
> >I would like to make strawberry ice cream with my new cuisinart ice-
> > cream maker.
> > It calls for vanilla extract - 1tsp. I am wondering if using real
> > vanilla bean will make a noticable difference in flavor. If so, what
> > would be an equivalent amount of vanilla bean for 1tsp of extract.
> > If there is a high quality vanilla extract that would be just as good,
> > please recommend one.
> > Thanks

> Since you're making strawberry ice cream, I'd use the extract. No sense wasting a
> bean when the main flavor isn't vanilla. Use Penzey's, Spice Island, something of
> that sort.

Huh? I wouldn't use any vanilla in strawberry ice cream, no eggs
either... why does everyone want to fercockt good fresh strawberries
and cream???
http://frenchfood.about.com/od/desse...strawglace.htm

I don't want any strawberries in my vanilla ice cream either.

Folks truly have taste in ass disease.

Sheldon