Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,rec.food.equipment,sci.bio.food-science
limey[_2_] limey[_2_] is offline

Default First-class Bad Butter

Tom Anderson wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Apr 2007, limey wrote:
>
>> Radium wrote:

>>> I'm not spamming. I am posting to all relevant NGs.

>> You are cross-posting, which is really frowned upon in Usenet.

> No it isn't. Cross-posting is fine (and strongly preferred to
> multi-posting). Cross-posting excessively is frowned on; four groups
> is not excessive.

So, add the nonexistent newsgroup and he started out with five.

> Silly but harmless, at least on properly-configured news servers.
>
> What *is* to be frowned on is that the post is nonsense. Although if
> we were to ban nonsense from usenet, we might as well close it down.

Yes, the post *is* nonsense, yet the PITA is that responses to that
nonsense from posters on all the groups will show up here. Note: I am
deliberately crossposting, to get my message across that crossposting
can result in indignant responses from many.