Posted to rec.food.cooking
Curly Sue Curly Sue is offline

Default How to use coffee ground too fine?

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 13:13:38 -0500, zxcvbob >
wrote:

>I bought a bag of "German Roast Coffee" (whatever that is) at Aldi's.
>It looks like normal medium-roasted coffee, but it's ground fine almost
>like powder.
>
>Last weekend I boiled it briefly in a saucepan and then filtered it with
>a French Press. That didn't work very well.
>
>Today I tried using it in an Espresso maker. That seems to be better.
>
>What do you recommend? Thanks,
>
>Bob

My first thought was "centrifuge." Second thought (more practical for
the home), filter paper.

Wouldn't a paper coffee filter work? The French press has larger
mesh. Maybe cut a disk of filter the size of the press plunger.

Or you could let the grounds settle, decant the liquid using a
stirring rod, then reheat.

Sue(tm)