Jenn Ridley

Default Strange cooking utensils- Fry pan and aluminium boxes

"Bob (this one)" > wrote:

>JRKRideau wrote:

>> The other item was, as best I can describe it, two rectangular
>> aluminum pans, about 3 inches X 4 inches and 1.5 inches deep, hinged
>> on one side and with handles on each pan (both handles at the same
>> end). The two pans folded over onto each other but there was no tight
>> seal. This item left me and the flea market owner totally at a loss.
>> Any suggestions as to what this could possible be would be
>> appreciated. BTW, it may not even be a cooking implement, but the
>> guage of alumiium and the handles looked like typical alluminium
>> cooking ware

>This sounds like an omelet pan that is still marketed in the US. The
>premise is to put some beaten egg in either or both sides, cook it a
>little and then close the pan to enclose any toppings put on the egg.
>
>They are wonderful solutions to problems that don't exist.

If you're a professional, yeah, it's not a problem. They're not sold
to prefessionals. They come in quite handy when you're doing
omelettes for 300. With a kitchen crew that's only in the kitchenn
twice a year.

The ones we use aren't rectangular, though.

jenn
(NLUMC Egg Supper, 150 years and counting)
--
Jenn Ridley