JRKRideau

Default Strange cooking utensils- Fry pan and aluminium boxes

While poking around in a flea market the other day I noticed two
unusual items. One was a rectangular cast iron (frying?) pan, divided
lenthwise down the middle with raised ridge and then with one side
divided again cross-wise. Overall size would be aaboaut 4 inches X 5
inches. My best guess was that it was some type of frying pan to cook
individual servings of bacon and eggs. Has anyone seen anything like
this?

The other item was, as best I can describe it, two rectangular
aluminum pans, about 3 inches X 4 inches and 1.5 inches deep, hinged
on one side and with handles on each pan (both handles at the same
end). The two pans folded over onto each other but there was no tight
seal. This item left me and the flea market owner totally at a loss.
Any suggestions as to what this could possible be would be
appreciated. BTW, it may not even be a cooking implement, but the
guage of alumiium and the handles looked like typical alluminium
cooking ware

Thanks

John
Perth Canada