Arri London

Default Chili con Queso

Charles Gifford wrote:

> "Arri London" > wrote in message
> >

> > Charles Gifford wrote:

> > > American

> > > somewhat

> recognize 3

> Natives."..."But
> > > what

> Anglo.

> and

> > > called

> > > Hi! Let me introduce myself. I'm Charlie and I certainly would resent

> being
> > > called Anglo. If it is understood by some people to mean white, that is

> > > sad commentary on their education.
> > >
> > > Charlie

> > But you don't live here (NM) and if you aren't white you wouldn't be
> > called Anglo around here anyway

> My dear friend. I may visit! I am very white but I am Norman-Irish. No
> Anglo - no Saxon. However, I would not be *really* offended. I might offer
> instruction though. ;-)
>
> Charlie

That wouldn't necessarily be a good idea (the instruction I mean); this
is a heavily-armed state and a lot of people seem to have very short
fuses.

But unless you can trace your family tree very accurately all the way
back, you may have Angle and Saxon in there. The Normans didn't waste a
lot of time before taking 'local' spouses and statistically there aren't
a whole lot of 'pure' Irish in Ireland.