Olivers

Default Chili con Queso

Charles Gifford extrapolated from data available...

> Hee, hee! I've heard lots of "Mick" and Paddy" and all the jokes. Oh,
> and don't call me a Yankee! My next door neighbors are Vietnamese,
> uh-oh! Another version!

The use of "Anglo" by Mexicans and Mexican Americans to refer to any one
not Hispanic, AfricanAmerican or Oriental is pretty general around her.
EVen "Anglos" do it.

As for the gradients of Mexican ethnicity...

Gachupine (or puro) - born in Mexico of pure Spanish blood, claimed by
many, far more than really are.

Criollo - Mexican with a minimal admixture of Indian blood (although seen
in Vera Cruz, Tampico to describe individuals with African ancestry but
Hispanic surnames).

Mestizo - Mostly native American

Indio - all NA

In some areas, Mexicans remain very sensitive to issues of skin color and
ancestry.

In the US, there's a lot of internal discrimination by Mexican Americans
based upon how long a family has lived in the States.

TMO

In parts of Mexico, the gradients